3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2014 3:49 PM by philmodjunk

Press cancel button script

jackmac

Title

Press cancel button script

Hi,

I've got three files I need to convert but have a dilemma. I have created a script to convert the three files but the files are inter-dependent in that fields connect one to the other.  If I convert file 1, it needs 2.fmp12 - problem is that hasn't been created yet by converting so I get the dialogue box to point to it. If I press 'cancel it will continue without that file then convert file 2 and make 2.fmp12 then move onto file 3.

All I want is a means to press the cancel button in my script. Any ideas? I've tried Get(ErrorCaptureState) in an IF statement but not sure how to say 'if error, press cancel button'.

• 1. Re: Press cancel button script
          philmodjunk

What problem is solved by using a script?

When manually converting files, (You are converting FileMaker files from an older to a newer version?), you can resolve this issue by selecting and opening all three files at the same time.

• 2. Re: Press cancel button script
            jackmac

Hi Phil,

It's taking info from an older system (fp7) and until I put the new system inlace, I need to convert these info files on a regular basis to get the latest info as I develop. A script just makes it quicker by button-pushing when I need

• 3. Re: Press cancel button script
              philmodjunk

I think setting up the script will take longer than doing this by hand. You simply do this:

a) Open FileMaker 13

b) Pull down the File Menu and select "Open"

c) find your files, select them as a group and click Open

That's it...