2 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2014 1:13 PM by EricKent

Preventing User Deletion of Records

EricKent

Title

Preventing User Deletion of Records

To prevent users from deleting records, I created a privilege set that included Create and Edit for Records, and View Only for Layouts.  I expected this to grey out the Delete Record option in the menu bar.

Instead, New Record, Delete Record, Find, and Show All are all greyed out.  How can I allow New, Find, and Show All while preventing deletion at the record level?

Additionally, would it possible to create a single script that runs anytime a field is selected that would prevent deletion of that field's contents unless the current user created that field but not require it to be added to every single field?

So in the end, no user may delete records, and you may only delete field contents if you put the content in the field?

• 1. Re: Preventing User Deletion of Records
          philmodjunk

In that privilege set, what options did you select in the "available menu commands"?

Additionally, would it possible to create a single script that runs anytime a field is selected that would prevent deletion of that field's contents unless the current user created that field but not require it to be added to every single field?

I know of now way to do that without a) a script trigger on each field and b) system of fields or records to keep track of who initially entered data into that field.

• 2. Re: Preventing User Deletion of Records
            EricKent

"In that privilege set, what options did you select in the "available menu commands"?"

And that would be it.  I knew I was missing something both obvious and dumb, but didn't see it.  The menu commands were set to minimum.