2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2010 9:03 AM by elizas

Preview Mode displays Even Pages as Blank

icanlkerr

Title

Preview Mode displays Even Pages as Blank

I am using Filemaker 7 Pro on a Windows XP box.

I have a single column, simple database, from which I am creating a simple Layout where a single Field is superimposed on a background image.  There are 35 cells with data.

When I go to preview mode, however, it shows 70 pages with image superimposed with the field - the odd pages correctly display the data from the cells in the database, but all the even number pages are blank.

How can i fix this?

• 1. Re: Preview Mode displays Even Pages as Blank
          RickWhitelaw

It sounds like the parts of your layout add up to more than one page in length and that there is no data in the "lowest" part. In Layout mode, make sure the body part of the layout is not too long. Header and footer as well, if you're using them.

RW

• 2. Re: Preview Mode displays Even Pages as Blank
            elizas

In Filemaker reporting the pages are not numbered out of total by default. For instance, if we want to print 1 of 4, 2 of 4 .... we need to follow the steps given below:

i) Create a global field in Global table.
            ii) The script you are running for Printing to print a report.Set that global to null in starting.
             iii) Then in the same above Print script after the step you will go for Enter Preview mode and before Perform Print step, do the below steps

e.g:

Enter Preview Mode[]
            Print SetUp[Restore;No dialog]
            Go to Record/Request/Page [last]
            Set Field [DASH::gTotalPreviewPages;Get ( PageNumber )]
            Go to Record/Request/Page [First]
            Adjust Window [Resize to Fit]
            Perform Print
            iv) In print page design mode use below highlighted code in footer

Page: ## of  <<DASH::gTotalPreviewPages>>

In Filemaker reporting the pages are not numbered out of total by default. For instance, if we want to print 1 of 4, 2 of 4 .... we need to follow the steps given below: i) Create a global field in Global table.ii) The script you are running for Printing to print a report.Set that global to null in starting. iii) Then in the same above Print script after the step you will go for Enter Preview mode and before Perform Print step, do the below steps e.g: Enter Preview Mode[]Print SetUp[Restore;No dialog]Go to Record/Request/Page [last]Set Field [DASH::gTotalPreviewPages;Get ( PageNumber )]Go to Record/Request/Page [First]Adjust Window [Resize to Fit]Perform Print
            iv) In print page design mode use below highlighted code in footer Page: ## of  <<DASH::gTotalPreviewPages>>