8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2015 5:54 AM by Olivier_Chenot

Preview mode not working correctly

B_1

Title

Preview mode not working correctly

I have created four different pages on one layout with slide controls for each page. Now when I go to preview my pages to adjust them to for proper printing areas, none of the fields or text is showing up. It looks perfect in layout mode and browse mode, but once in preview mode everything disappears. I have tried to look up some issues with preview mode and nothing I seem to find will work. 

Any ideas ?

• 1. Re: Preview mode not working correctly
          B_1

I've delineated the fields and they will now appear, but none of the text is appearing to denote which field is which.

• 2. Re: Preview mode not working correctly
            philmodjunk

Try this: While in preview mode click the right hand part of the book control in the tool bar and see what happens.

Preview previews all the records in your current found set so if you are on record 4 and enter preview mode, you are now seeing data from record 1 instead of record 4. But the same control that moves you forward and back one record at a time in browse mode, moves you forward and back one previewed page at a time when in preview mode.

• 3. Re: Preview mode not working correctly
              B_1

Nope, no luck with the record changing. I have entered multiple different records and tried them all. Then deleted them all and entered just one record, etc. Only thing showing up is a bunch of field boxes that are blank boxes if they are edit boxes and then drop down list fields are grayed out with downward arrow covering the whole field. 

• 4. Re: Preview mode not working correctly
                philmodjunk

Version of FileMaker?

OS version?

Layout Theme? (If using FileMaker 12 or 13).

If you create a brand new layout from scratch (don't copy and paste any objects from the problem layout) and preview it, do you get the same results?

• 5. Re: Preview mode not working correctly
                  B_1

FM Pro 13

Windows 7 Professional

Layout Theme : Blue

Cannot reproduce the problem on a layout from scratch or any of my previously made layouts. Have about 10 layouts that are all working properly.

The database is connected to a server and I am using just FM Pro 13, however, my supervisor has the FM Pro 13 Advanced version. Could this have anything to do with the problem? Just throwing some more info out there. 

• 6. Re: Preview mode not working correctly
                    philmodjunk

It suggests that something is wrong with this specific layout. Corrupted layouts, though uncommon, are not unheard of in FileMaker DBs.

• 7. Re: Preview mode not working correctly
                      RickWhitelaw

I agree with Phil. I have had one layout that was corrupted. Delete the layout and rebuild it. Don't copy and paste. My two cents.

• 8. Re: Preview mode not working correctly
                        Olivier_Chenot

Hi

I have trouble as well using preview mode with dfifferent text styles in my layout. , in 100% scale, bold is not shown, in 150 % scale, bold is shown, but there is some gap betwwen caracters from different styles.

See attached files.