5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2014 9:44 AM by philmodjunk

Print a group of records ?

AnthonyPaliseno

Title

Print a group of records ?

Hello, currently in the attachement image, youll see in a list view, I have Model Numbers grouped per "Basket". However records are NOT indicated by the basket number, rather its just the individual model No. What im trying to figure out is how I print all the model numbers, that match their basket/series.

http://imgur.com/w63wUvs

• 1. Re: Print a group of records ?
          philmodjunk

Perform a find for all records with a given value specified in that "basket" field. Then print using the "records being browsed" option.

• 2. Re: Print a group of records ?
            AnthonyPaliseno

Sorry if my questions are dumb, new to the UI game, more or less filemaker.

How will FM know which record is currently selected and to only show the records related to it

• 3. Re: Print a group of records ?
              philmodjunk

When you change to find mode, enter some search criteria such as a value in your "Basket" field and then click Perform Find, this produces a "found set" of all records matching that value. These will be the only records visible on your layout until you perform a different find or select one of the options from the Records menu that also manipulate this found set. At this point, using Print with the "records being browsed option" selected you will get a print out from the current layout of all records in that found set.

and to only show the records related to it

Does that mean that you have two tables involved here, linked by the Basket field? That's new information not in your original post in this thread.

• 4. Re: Print a group of records ?
                AnthonyPaliseno

Yes apologies, basket name is in a different table than the item code.

• 5. Re: Print a group of records ?
                  philmodjunk

Which does not mean that this method will not work. To be sure, however, it would help to know how your layout is designed.

From what I can see, it appears that you have a list view layout with a sub summary layout part serving as a "sub header". If so, then what I described should work. You should be able to enter find mode, specify the desired value in the Basket field and perform your find.

If your relationship is:

ParentRecords::Basket = LayoutRecords::MatchField

You can get a faster result by specifying this search criterion in LayoutRecords::MatchField instead of ParentRecords::Basket.