1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 19, 2009 10:00 AM by philmodjunk

Print different fields in multiple Records

crispylx

Title

Print different fields in multiple Records

Hello clever, clever people;

As an example to the problem i'm having:

I have 50 records, each record has 3 fields: a name, phone number and email address

I want to choose which field i want to print in each record, so maybe for record 1 i want all three fields, but record 2 i only want name and phone number.

The reason for this is to save paper and not print info that i don't need so, i want to print all the records at the same time on the same sheet of paper but be able to remove fields per record. I'll probably do this by some kind of tick box but i can't work out how in a script to remove a field (or set it to not print)

Any hints would be great 

• 1. Re: Print different fields in multiple Records
          philmodjunk

Two methods you can use, conditional formatting or a calculation field that is empty if the data field is not selected.

Conditional formatting.

Add a field for each of your three data fields and format them as check boxes. You can use any single custom value for each and either resize the field so only the check box shows or change the text color to match the layout background to hide.

Select each data field in layout mode and apply a conditional format:

Not IsEmpty (yourtable::matchingcheckboxfield)

And select a text color to match the background.

Using calculation fields:

Use the same check box fields I described for the first trick but now you define three calculation fields--one for each data field set to return the same type of data as the data field.

Use this expression in each calculation:

If ( not isempty ( yourtable::matchingcheckboxfield); YourDatafield ; "" )

Place these calculation fields on a layout for printing.