2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2014 12:22 PM by NancyatUCM

Print Envelopes w/o Changing Page Setup?

NancyatUCM

Title

Print Envelopes w/o Changing Page Setup?

I print  3 - 10 thank you letters and envelopes at a time from FM Pro layouts, but have to change back & forth between both letter/envelope and landscape/portrait for each printing.  Its tedious, frustrating & wasteful if you forget to change it, and after a few letters all the clicking back & forth starts to make your head spin. Tried to do a work-around layout that would print my address sideways in the right spot for the envelope, but it seems only a Japanese character can be printed sideways with FileMaker Pro11.0 v4. My printer is a Brother HL-5370DW. I prefer printing on envelopes rather than using labels, as its slightly more personal and formal.  Any suggestions?  It would be a HUGE help!

• 1. Re: Print Envelopes w/o Changing Page Setup?
          philmodjunk

You might consider using a script that includes a print setup, that enters preview mode and pauses to show you what you will get if you then select print from the File menu. This will allow a button click to update print set up for you.

but it seems only a Japanese character can be printed sideways with FileMaker Pro11.0 v4

The following image was captured from a file created and open in FileMaker 11 on a windows 7 system. I used the Rotate option in the Arrange menu (while in layout mode) to take copies of the same layout text and field and rotate them into different orientations.

• 2. Re: Print Envelopes w/o Changing Page Setup?
            NancyatUCM

Thank you so much!!!  I swear I had tried the "arrange/rotate" approach before, but clearly I did something wrong when I did.  I just set up my envelopes and they work like a charm!  The rotated address approach seemed much simpler, especially since I haven't written a script before.  Thanks again!