8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2012 11:09 AM by philmodjunk

Print error "Printing cannot continue because this printer is not connected to a port...."

RaymondLent

Title

Print error "Printing cannot continue because this printer is not connected to a port...."

Hello. I have a user that is running FMP 10, on a PC running Vista business. the user had not had any problems previously, but whenever she foes to print, it comes up with a box saying; "Printing cannot continue because this printer is not connected to a port. Use control Panel to set up a port." I have tried other printers, and a PDF writer, and all give the same message.

3 Pcs (1 affected) connected to a server.

I have tried:
      re-adding printers

System restore

and reinstalling FMP.

The reinstall brought back printing for a day, but the next morning the user called in with the same issue.  I have searched all over, but could not find anything on this.

Any help would be appreciated. 

EDIT: Thanks for the input guys.

It is able to print in other applications.  

*Edit2: Thanks for the Suggestions. I tried restarting the print spooler, and that seems to fix it untill the user logs out, or reboots the PC.

**Something else that i have noticed, is that when she goes to launch FMP for the first time at start up, it does not remember the recent files. They are listed on the page, but if she selects it it says that it cannot find the file location. she then has to go manually open the file. After that, ti opens just fine. 

Posted on the "report an Issue" board

here is the link -> FMP 10 printing issue: "Printing can not continue because this printer is not connected to a port....

Error.PNG