2 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2009 2:25 PM by ishulman

Print execution indicator

ishulman

Title

Print execution indicator

Hi there.

In my health practice database I have created a form letter that advises referral agents that their patients have contacted me for services. When I have all of the referral agent's contact info I click a button and the letter prints. I don't always have enough iinformation to send a letter, meaning that I will send one for some patients but not others.

Is there a way to create some sign or indicator (eg, an icon, a radio button) that the letter has already been printed so I don't do it twice?

Thanks,

ishulman

• 1. Re: Print execution indicator
          philmodjunk

Simply add a field and use a script to both print your letter and update the field to show that it has been printed. I'd use a date or time stamp field and update it whith the current date or time stamp so that I can not only show that the letter was printed, but can show when it was printed.

If your button already performs a script when it prints the letter, all you'll need to do is define your field and then insert one of the following two steps into your print script:

Set Field [tablename::LetterPrintedTimeStampField; Get ( CurrentTimeStamp )]
          Set Field [tablename::LetterPrintedDateField; Get ( CurrentDate )]

• 2. Re: Print execution indicator
            ishulman

Thanks very much Phil.

Enjoy your weekend.

Ian