6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2013 3:48 PM by ztron

Print invoice

ztron

Title

Print invoice

I have been studying fm11 and trying to get better at it, I setup the invoice starter solution, and was wondering how is it set up to print a invoice I cant figure it out when you click the print invoice I'm guessing it runs a script but I cant seem to find where that is setup. anyone please help Thanks in advance,

Phillip

• 1. Re: Print invoice
          SteveMartino

Don't know if this will help.

1.  Looking at the Invoice starter solution for FM12, if you go to the Invoice Detail layout, in Layout mode, there's a button on the top right to Print Invoice.  Double click on that and it will take you to 'Button Setup'.  Under Options there is a 'Specify..' button. Click on that and you get to Specify Script panel.  Click on Print Invoice Script to highlight, then near the bottom left, click on the Down Button and open Edit Script.  From there you have to go thru the steps and double click the Print step, to open the dialog to change from 'Select your Printer', to your actual printer.

2.  Quicker would be at the top of the window Scripts>Manage Scripts.  Find the Print Invoice script, double click, edit as above.

• 2. Re: Print invoice
            philmodjunk

Yes it runs a script.The script pulls up the line items records shown in the portal as a found set on a layout based on the portal table that is designed to work in List View and then prints the invoice from there.

If you double click a button, you can open the button set up dialog where you'll see the perform script option dialog and the name of the script.

In FileMaker 11 or 12, you can then click the specify button to open the dialog for selecting a script and then can select "edit" from the gear drop down to open and view the actual steps of the script performed by the button click in the script editor so this is a fast way to "drill down" from the layout to the actual script..

• 3. Re: Print invoice
              ztron

Thanks for the reply guys but I am not seeing any thing that shows the script, I'm using FM11 pro and its the invoice starter , there is a button  in the Record Detail Invoices (Print Invoice and a Print Packing Slip) 

Phillip

• 4. Re: Print invoice
                ztron

Ok update!, I found it it uses and outline box and then the 2 buttons are setting on top of the outline box, !

• 5. Re: Print invoice
                  philmodjunk

The button does perform the script. This can't work any other way and I have investigated it with other users in the past.

Opening the starter solution and refreshing my memory, I find that the script is named "view invoice" so the name may have fooled you.

It's quite difficult to select and view the button settings for buttons on these layouts as the developer used invisible rectangles for the buttons. The icons and label text shown were not grouped with the button. To open button setup, you have to carefully double click the grey outline that marks the edge of the button while in layout mode. (The grey outline is there because "Show Buttons" has been selected in the view menu.)

• 6. Re: Print invoice
                    ztron

Thanks for you input Phil and Steve,

Phillip