4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 15, 2015 2:53 PM by ToddNolan

Print labels question

ToddNolan

Title

Print labels question

Problem: I want to be able to print client and spouse birthdays for each month using one found set   Removing the need to run a label layout two different times. One for client dob and one for spouse dob. 

I am using a clientTable. I have a client dob and a spouse dob. I currently have it up using two different drop downs to print one set of labels for client that month and one for spouse that month.  I'd love to merge the two results together due to the waste of labels on sheets. I don't want to just put both names on the labels if they're in the same month due to the fact that they might be mailed out on different weeks. 

Any suggestions? This isn't a big deal when using a label writer but for users using 30 labels per sheet Avery templates it can be wasteful over time. 

Thanks again. 

• 1. Re: Print labels question
          philmodjunk

You might consider splitting client and spouse birthday data into separate records in a table related by client ID to your current client table. You can then print labels from this related table.

• 2. Re: Print labels question
            ToddNolan

Thank you for the suggestion Phil. I can see the high level solution for this problem, but I cannot find a way to implement this into the database. Would I need to leave my current clientTable alone, but basically copy/modify/delete each client/spouse DOB information for every record? Does that sound right? 

• 3. Re: Print labels question
              philmodjunk

Don't see any need to delete and you only need to move the data specific to ether client or spouse into fields of the related record.

Thinks like the address, you'd keep in the current table, The name, the birthday, a field identifying the record as that of either a client or spouse would become fields in the related table. Data common to both members of the couple can be included on your labels layout even though the layout is based on the new related table.

• 4. Re: Print labels question
                ToddNolan

Thanks Phil. It took a little more time, but I think you've helped me make these processes easier.