AnsweredAssumed Answered

Print layout using most recent record from portal

Question asked by DanielPinder on Jul 5, 2011
Latest reply on Jul 6, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Print layout using most recent record from portal

Hello again,

I am seeking a creative solution here. For each record in my db, there is a portal containing date-sensitive notes on each record. I can create as many related records to enter notes into as I need. What i need to do is make a page layout for printing—in list view—containing the most recent related notes record for each primary record. The related table ("Cue Versions") contains a field called "datePresented" which can be leveraged to determine the most recent. How can I calculate the most recent related record (or determine it is the only record existing at this time) and display that related record only? The related records also have a self-generating "cueVersionID" field that I use as a key field to tie related records together to a single record in my primary table, in case that is handy to be used in a calc.

I tried, initially, making a portal in the print layout, but it made it way too large, and I might not have as many repetitions visible as I might need. If I could only display the most recent record containing the notes I need to print, I could fit perhaps 12 or more primary records and their notes on a single page.

Thanks for your help.

Outcomes