0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2012 12:35 PM by user14255

Print multiple barcode numbers in one field Horizontally, figured out answer

user14255

Title

Print multiple barcode numbers in one field Horizontally, figured out answer

Let's say I have a "Item" table, and a "Barcode" table. Of course the 2 tables are linked.

I have an item and I scan multiple barcodes into the barcode table. and do this with many different Items.

Now I want to print the desired item list and then have the mutiple barcodes from that one "Item" come up in one field from an "Item" Barcode field listed under each item. So instead of a vertical list of multiple barcodes from the Barcode table using a portal, I want to acheive a horizonal list of the barcodes in one field that will be from the "Item's" record. I would like to have it, so if I have a large number of barcodes for one items that it will wrap and take up the least space. I'm figuring that I will be able to to that with Sliding/printing feature.

Update: I have figured out the "List" Calculation. That gets alll the barcodes into one field, Now how do I get those numbers to print Horizontally and not vertically, preferably with a comma or hypehn in between

Figured out the answer    Substitute ( List ( DbName::FieldName ) ; "¶" ; ", " )

A couple weeks back I did a search and came up with the answer in about 2 minutes, now I have misplaced that printout and cannot remember the keywords I used to find it. Oops ...I seam to have CRS desease.

Any help out there in Filemaker land??