2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2012 6:20 AM by BobO'Neal

Print multiple Finds on one page

BobO'Neal

Title

Print multiple Finds on one page

I have a Table of names I want to sort into 3 categories and print them on a single page.

I can write a script to Find the names in each category, but how do i print the 3 lists on a single page??

Basically I have some names that have attended 1 class session , some 2 class sessions, & some 3 class sessions. I want to publish an attendance list on one page with the names in each category.

Do I have to add 3 field names for each person with a database calculation that sorts them?

• 1. Re: Print multiple Finds on one page
          davidanders

If there is a NumberOfClasses field, sort by that field.

Create a Sub-summary when sorted by NumberOfClasses part on the layout.
          http://www.filemaker.com/help/html/create_layout.9.14.html

Put a Text Line in the Sub-summary part "Number of Classes - <<NumberOfClasses>>"
          This will produce the Text Number of Classes - 1" etc
          Click on the Summary Part label, color it and it will color the entire Summary Part.

<<  >> marks are a Merge Field and will contain whatever is in the field within the marks.

The report can be viewed in Preview Mode or on paper, not in Layout or Browse Mode.

• 2. Re: Print multiple Finds on one page
            BobO'Neal

I am in process of building my report letters using this approach by trial & error. When I create a New Layout, I choose the Report & sub-category form. I go thru the steps of selecting the fields I want to use, tne field I want to sort, the title on page, etc., then Finish. I then work on the positioning & arrangment of that page, but if I want to modify what i selected in building this layout, e.g., add fields, add/change sort fields, I have to start over with a new Layout. Is there a way to change the initial selections or is a new layout the only way?