2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2013 9:46 AM by philmodjunk

Print multiple sheets for each record

JeffPetersen

Title

Print multiple sheets for each record

I need to print multiple slips for each order. I.E: Box 1 of 3, Box 2 of 3, Box 3 of 3. for each record.

I am currently going to create new record for each box so I will have the number of orders multiplied by the number of boxes to get my box record slips to print.

Is there a better way to accomplish this?

• 1. Re: Print multiple sheets for each record
          gcatnine

you just need different layouts to print, not multiple records

layout 1 > Box 1 of 3

layout 2 > Box 2 of 3

layout 3 > Box 3 of 3

and in the script to print just select the first layout and then print, then the second layout and print and so on.

• 2. Re: Print multiple sheets for each record
            philmodjunk

Or you can set up a special "print table". The print table won't store any data, except for an ID that matches to a specific record in your current table:

Orders-----<Labels

Orders::__pkOrderID = Labels::_fkOrderID

with that relationship, if you need 3 labels for for an order where __pkOrderID = 23, you create 3 records in Labels with _fkOrderID = 23. You can then set up your layout for printing labels based on the Labels table, but you can include any fields from Orders that have data you want to see on the label.

And there are a number of ways to get the "1 of 3", "2 of 3", etc info onto these labels depending on whether you print them for just one order at a time or print them for multiple orders at the same time.