The mismatch between previewed and printed content is a known issue.
For More Information see: FM 12 preview mode issue
This is one of many acknowledged bugs that can be found in the Known Bug List thread here in the Report an Issue section of the forum.
It can also be downloaded as a database file from: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jt09b82i0xijbu3/FMP%20Bugs.zip
But I tried to save it and no luck.....
Not sure what you are trying to describe there. You should be able to resolve the issue by either increasing the size of the field or reducing the font size of the text. These are changes you would make in browse mode. In some cases, you can make a field much larger than normally needed and then set it in the inspector to "slide up" and to "resize the enclosing part". Those do not produce visible changes in browse mode, but you'll see the results in preview or when you print.
Key facts about sliding layout objects:
- It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
- Sliding fields will shrink but not expand.
- All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
- Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
- Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
- Fields will slide up only if Top alignment is specified for it and will slide left only if Left alignment is specified.
- Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.
- In FMP13, hidden objects (”Hide object when”) will slide/resize.