5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2012 8:25 PM by philmodjunk

Print Problems

smokey

Title

Print Problems

I sent my question the other day, but it seems that I sent it to FM Go, instead of FM Pro, then I answered it in the wrong place too. OK, so let's see if we can get this right this time. 

I'm using FMP 10 and have developed a music publishing program.  In the report I'm printing a list of songs with the original copyright date and publisher. I'm in the process of getting the songs back from the publisher (recapturing songs) for the writer. I have a record where I put the date, along with other information, if a song has already had the notice sent to the publisher. When I print the report, I want to be able tp print everything except the songs that's already had the notices sent.  Is this possible?

Again, thanks for your help.

Smokey 

• 1. Re: Print Problems
          philmodjunk

How is your database structured?

Do you have one record for each song? If not, you should as this will make things work more easily.

With separate records for each song, you can perform a find that eliminates teh songs you don't want to include in your report.

• 2. Re: Print Problems
            smokey

I do have one record for each song and have it where it will print everything from 1900 to, and including, 1977, I just don't know how to prevent printing the ones that have already been sent.

Thanks,

Smokey

• 3. Re: Print Problems
              philmodjunk

what data in what field of what table indicates that a record has or has not been sent?

• 4. Re: Print Problems
                smokey

My songs and information about them is in a table called "Compositions".  My registration information is in "Registration Tables", with the relationship to "Compositions", and "The Date Sent" comes from "Compositions".  I also have a radio button that indicates if it's been sent or not that's through "Compositions".  Does that help?

Thanks.

Smokey

• 5. Re: Print Problems
                  philmodjunk

Does this mean you want to find all records in Compositions where The Date Sent is empty?

If so, go to a layout based on compositions enter find mode and put an = with no other data in the "The Date Sent" field.

Perform your find and you will find all Compositions records where this field is empty.

This method can be built into a script that enters find mode and puts an = operator in the same field.