3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2013 2:59 AM by Byron_2

Print script not recalling printer settings

Byron_2

Title

Print script not recalling printer settings

Hi all!

I'm running a script to carry out the following:

1. Print a shipping note on standard A4 paper, on a regular laser printer.

2. Print product labels to go along with the order, custom size printed on a separate thermal printer.

To achieve this I'm using 2 different layouts with a different Print () function for each layout - each one saved with the paper size, orientation etc for the relevant printer. HOWEVER the script doesn't seem to recall the printer settings... the documents are going to the correct printers but the sizes and orientation are wrong.

Is there something I'm missing? I am using FM12 Advanced with Server 12. I hope FM12 can handle switching printers and it's not something I need to spend $$$ on for a 3rd party plugin.

Any advice would be welcome!

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Print script not recalling printer settings
          RickWhitelaw

Are you using the print setup step before the print step?

• 2. Re: Print script not recalling printer settings
            Byron_2

Hi Rick,

Yes, I am using the Print Setup step just before the Print step, but that doesn't seem to work either. I'm going to try another method... break my script down into subscripts, e.g.

Main Script -

Subscript 1 - for printing the shipping note

Subscript 2 - for printing the labels

• 3. Re: Print script not recalling printer settings
              Byron_2

For the benefit of anyone who might be stuck on a similar problem, here's what I did to resolve this.

A. As mentioned above, I broke down my script into 3 parts:

-Main Print Script

-Subscript to print despatch note

-Subscript to print labels

B. As the 2 printers were attached locally to the main PC that will be doing the printing (as opposed to being networked printers) I went through the Print Setup whilst logged on to the PC in question.

It now seems to be working as expected (fingers crossed it stays that way!)