5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2014 3:43 PM by philmodjunk

printed report splits image at bottom of page

joecc

Title

printed report splits image at bottom of page

I have created a report layout that includes text about artist & artwork. With each work I have included an image from Artwork panel layout. The printed report splits the image if it falls near the bottom of a page. How can I prevent this? Is there a way to add a page break before the image if it's too high to fit entirely on the page?

• 1. Re: printed report splits image at bottom of page
          philmodjunk

Does your layout include elements set to "slide up" and to "resize enclosing part"?

Or is this just a list view layout based on multiple records?

• 2. Re: printed report splits image at bottom of page
            joecc

Text of artist bio & artwork description slide up. Resizing of image set; only tour order & gallery on 1st line & display label on 2nd, so nothing for each record above it to slide up. Attached 2- page split image. 

Joe C

• 3. Re: printed report splits image at bottom of page
              philmodjunk

And then you have additional fields below the Image which further complicate the issue.

Are there any fields above the container field set to slide up? That is not clear to me from your latest post.

• 4. Re: printed report splits image at bottom of page
                joecc

Each found record just has 2 lines above the image per the previously posted answer. The previous record  has sliding of artist summary & artwork description, i.e., above the horiz line. Below the image in the current record are those same 2 fields (& text descriptors "ArtistSummary: & Artwork notes. Right now the 20-page report is very compact with boundary line between artworks & no page breaks between them (which I don't want anyway). I only want to break a page if the image won't fit at the bottom of a page. If this is going to turn into a complex script, I can live with what I have now since I am presently a rookie at Filemaker.

I have attached report layout showing inspector for image (3" high).

ArtistSummary is 24" high & slides up; Artiwork notes is 21"; it & everything above it slides up. 

• 5. Re: printed report splits image at bottom of page
                  philmodjunk

It wasn't clear to me what you meant by "artist bio" whether that was artist Summary or Display label.

Here's something you can experiment with. It assumes that you have some field in this layout's underlying table that uniquely identifies each record--a primary key.

Ad a "print below" sub summary layout part when sorted by the primary key field. Since this field is unique to each record, the sub summary layout part will appear once with each record. Move the container field and ArtistSummary fields into this sub summary part and make sure that your records always include the primary key field in the found set's sort order.

Now you have an option to not let the sub summary part split across a page break.