1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 26, 2011 9:53 AM by philmodjunk

Printer ejected 2 extra blank pages every time when I print

AndyPang

Title

Printer ejected 2 extra blank pages every time when I print

I have been using FMP8.5 on WIN/XP, printer is HP photosmart 5510. No issue at all.

I switched to another new Notebook running WIN7, installed FMP8.5 successfully and works well.  However when I print any report, 1 or 2 pages report, at the end it automatically ejected 2 more blank pages.  This does not happen to other app (word/Excel), only in FMP.  I attached my new NB to another printer (HP Offiecjet 5400) and it works just FINE.

Pls HELP!  THANKS

• 1. Re: Printer ejected 2 extra blank pages every time when I print
          philmodjunk

Each printer can have a different maximum printing area per page as there are differences in how close the printer can print to the edge of the page. Such printer specific differences can, with some layouts, result in an extra blank page if the total output is as little as one pixel more than will fit in that print area. This would explain one extra page--not two so it wouldn't appear to be the entire explanation, but it is the first thing that I'd check.

You are also dealing with a version of FileMaker that is several release numbers older than Windows 7 and the printer drivers it uses. Thus, a printer driver specific issue between FileMaker 8.5 and the driver is a possibility. You might try downloading and installing the free 30 day trial copy of FileMaker 11. If it prints the report without any additional pages, then you at least know why you are getting the extra pages...