6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2014 9:34 AM by jwshelton22

Printer Setup

jwshelton22

Title

Printer Setup

We are in FMA 12. We  have a script which goes to a layout, does a printer setup, makes a pdf, goes to new layout, does a printer setup, appends the pdf for about 8 different layouts.

The problem we are having the PDF when made at the desktop level is sized one way, the PDF when run on a different computer is sized slightly differently.

Both are using A4 as paper size.

Where have we gone astray?

Jim

• 1. Re: Printer Setup
          philmodjunk

When you open the PDF in Adobe or another PDF reader, check the options for how the PDF is fitted to the page. I may be that those settings need to be changed so that the PDF, margins and all, isn't resized to fit inside the printable area of the PDF page.

• 2. Re: Printer Setup
            jwshelton22

That seems correct, the page size on the layouts seem to be changing as some next which should be on the next page is on the first page.

Do you know if different Printers look at page sizes differently? This is an A4 page size.

The same printer driver is not installed on the second computer, the one producing the wrong results, as I am not sure how to set a printer driver on a Windows Server 200/8.

Jim

• 3. Re: Printer Setup
              philmodjunk

The change that I am suggesting is not a change to the printer driver.

When you open the PDF and select print, check the size and handling options that appear in the print dialog. Make sure to specify "actual size" and not "fit" or some other option.

• 4. Re: Printer Setup
                jwshelton22

The setting is at Actual Size.

Jim

• 5. Re: Printer Setup
                  jwshelton22

As I go through the script, the printer setups are all the same.

As the PDF is created and appended it goes through 9 layouts all in the same table.

The problem only occurs on layout #2 and #6.

All the sliding up settings are the same as on the other layouts.

I am unsure what to look for.

thanks,
                       Jim

• 6. Re: Printer Setup
                    jwshelton22

I uninstalled and re-installed the printer. Now working correctly.