4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2015 5:27 AM by philmodjunk

Printing 'Found' Records Issue

SelinaCampbell

Title

Printing 'Found' Records Issue

Hi there,

I am having an issue printing records from one Filemaker database. When I choose to print 'Records Being Browsed' the first record is the only one to print. This happens with all layouts within the one database. It is not an issue with other databases.

I have tried changing the settings in Layout - Part Setup - Body - Change but this did not make a difference. I also tried changing the layout margins. This happens when printing from the found records and from the preview.

The OS is Mac OSX 10.9.4, the Filemaker version is FM Pro 11 and the printer is HP Laserjet CP1515n. When I try printing from a Windows machine it works fine.

All other programmes and databases are printing fine. I'd appreciate any help with this!

• 1. Re: Printing 'Found' Records Issue
          philmodjunk

Could it be that you have a page range specified in your print dialog that is set to print only 1 page?

Are you using a script to print or are you selecting print from the File menu?

Are you sure that you have more than one record in your found set at the time that you print?

• 2. Re: Printing 'Found' Records Issue
            SelinaCampbell

Thanks for your reply. My answers are below.

Could it be that you have a page range specified in your print dialog that is set to print only 1 page?

No, I have selected to print 'All' and 'Records Being Browsed'.

Are you using a script to print or are you selecting print from the File menu?

I am using the File menu to print. This works fine with other databases and previously worked with this database.

Are you sure that you have more than one record in your found set at the time that you print?

Yes, I have performed a number of searches, each returning more than one record.

• 3. Re: Printing 'Found' Records Issue
              philmodjunk

Then perhaps your file is damaged. You might try recovering the file. Test the recovered copy even if the recover reports "no problems found"

• 4. Re: Printing 'Found' Records Issue
                philmodjunk

Things to keep in mind about Recover:

While Recover almost always detects and fully corrects any problems with your file...

1. The recovered copy may behave differently even if recover reports "no problems found".
                3. Recover does not detect all problems
                5. Recover doesn't always fix all problems correctly
                7. Best Practice is to never put a recovered copy back into regular use or development. Instead, replace the damaged file with an undamaged back up copy if this is at all possible. You may have to save a clone of the back up copy and import all data from your recovered copy to get a working copy with the most up to date information possible.

And here's a knowledgebase article that you may find useful: What to do when your file is corrupt (KB5421).