AnsweredAssumed Answered

Printing a layout based on field contents with a script

Question asked by EmmettOliver on Jun 20, 2011
Latest reply on Jul 28, 2011 by EmmettOliver

Title

Printing a layout based on field contents with a script

Hi,

I have forms that need to be printed for separate fields of the same data entry screen.  I would like to print each of the layouts without going to each layout individually.  Ideally, I would like to put a button on the data entry screen that would only print the layouts that are required based on the contents of a field.  For example, if there is one child's name input into the data entry screen, then I need only that one child's form/layout printed.  If there are three childrens' names input into data entry screen, then I need a form for each of the children printed, but I would like that one button on the data entry screen to perform a script that would print the three individual child's form/layout. 

In each record that is input, the number of children and forms will change based on data entry, so the script would have to read the number of children that have been input.  I have created the layouts and I have created a "number of children field", but I am confused on how to get the script to read the "number of children field" then print each of the corresponding layouts.

I hope all that rambling makes sense. 

Thanks!

Outcomes