You need to use List layout in your invoice stable so the body is your invoices. The Client information should be in a leading sub-summary part (based upon Invoices::ClientID) and trailing sub-summary part instead of a footer to hold total amount due (which is summary field).
You find all of your invoices for all clients to send.
Invoices::ClientID and then invoices date.
Go to Layouts > Part Setup and select the sub-summary when sorted by Client. Then below you will see page breaks and select 'page breaks before each occurrence' of client.
So it will look like:
leading part sub-summary --> clientID 1 (place client name and information from clients table here but base the part on Invoices::ClientID)
body -> client 1's invoice 300
body -> client 1's invoice 305
trailing part sub-summary --> please pay this amount summary field defined as 'total of invoice'
You may want to reduce parts. Search in Help in your FM menu for "Removing blank spaces in printouts" to handle that porton. And most importantly, your report MUST be sorted by the leading part (in this case Client).
I would have never thought to use sub-summaries.
I just put toghther a test layout to see if all the data I wanted would show up, and yes it did!
I will still need to play with the "Removing blank spaces in printouts". My Test layout had large spaces between the different invoices, but at least they are all showing up on one page. I am not sure if the sliding kicks in before the page gets crowded, so I will make my full form letter and post back.
Well the invoices are showing up on a single page. But I am still having spacing issues between the listed invoices.
It is like there is a blank line in between every invoice. This is causing the print out to be more then one page and the leading part sub summary and trailing part are smash on top of each other on the second page.
I have sized the body part of the the form letter to be as tight as I can and still it looks like it is double spaced when printed.
I clicked on every field and text object in the body and set the sliding to slide up base on all objects above and also resize enclosing part.
OK I figured out the "Smashed look" issue on the second page. Our company logo was in the header causing it to show up on the second page.
1 issue down. Now I need to get the invoice spacing better.