3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2010 1:53 PM by bmitchel

Printing all Layouts from one table

bmitchel

Title

Printing all Layouts from one table

Using Version 10.0v3

Windows XP Pro

I have a few tables in my database. In each table I have multiple Layouts that represent a report. I would like to be able to click on a button to print the so called "report" (print all the layouts in that one record) instead of having to click on each layout and clicking print for each layout.

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Printing all Layouts from one table
          bmitchel

may have found it at this link.....

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4536/kw/print%20layout

It doesnt say specifically if it will work for Pro 10. Do you think it will?

I will try it tomorrow.

• 2. Re: Printing all Layouts from one table
            philmodjunk

You should be OK as long as you check for a "gotcha" that didn't exist with those older versions of filemaker.

The script will work correctly as long as all of your layouts refer to the same table occurrence. If they should refer to different table occurrences for the same data source table, they may not have the same current record and that could mess up your results.

In current versions, each layout is linked to a specific table occurrence "box" on your relationship graph. That's what you choose when you make a selection from the "show records from" drop down when you create a new layout and you can check this in Layout Setup... for each layout. Each such table occurrence has a different "curent record". Thus you could have several layouts that refer to the same data source table (the tales listed in the table tabl of Manage | Database) but different table occurrences.

If you find that this is the case with one or more of your layouts, you may need to include some script steps to find the correct record on the problem layout before you print from it. You can put a serial number field's value in a variable at the start of your script and use this in performing such finds.

Many folks find the terms Table, Data Source Table and Table Occurrence confusing. To learn more, click the following link:

Table vs. Table Occurrence (Tutorial)

• 3. Re: Printing all Layouts from one table
              bmitchel

It worked, great thanks.