4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2014 10:06 AM by SydneyBlock_1

Printing and PDF Problems on FileMaker Go

SydneyBlock_1

Title

Printing and PDF Problems on FileMaker Go

Good morning -

I am having trouble on FileMaker Go with viewing reports as PDFs. This function works for all other layouts, including charts, but when used to show reports, the PDF comes out with no data. Does anyone know why this might be?

I am also having trouble printing specific charts. We accidentally lost a table, and when everything was restored and scripts & calculations were fixed, now whenever you choose to print specific charts, FileMaker goes nuts. It starts printing an unlimited number of copies of the chart, even if you select Print from the main FileMaker menu. I can't seem to find a way to stop this activity.

Can anyone tell me why I may be having these issues? Any input would be greatly accepted.

• 1. Re: Printing and PDF Problems on FileMaker Go
          philmodjunk

It starts printing an unlimited number of copies of the chart, even if you select Print from the main FileMaker menu. I can't seem to find a way to stop this activity.

Make sure that you select the "Current Record" option when printing.

but when used to show reports, the PDF comes out with no data. Does anyone know why this might be?

But what kind of report are you attempting to produce here? There are many different layout designs that might be used for a "report". Please describe what you are attempting to do in much more detail.

• 2. Re: Printing and PDF Problems on FileMaker Go
            SydneyBlock_1

In response to the printing activity question, yes, I have selected current record. Still produces the same outcome.

And I am producing a report such as the ones FileMaker generates, with a leading subsummary when sorted by week, trailing subsummary when sorted by name, and trailing grand summary. All of my fields and layout parts show up perfectly on a preview, but solely on FileMaker Go when the report is being viewed as a PDF, do the fields and data not display.

• 3. Re: Printing and PDF Problems on FileMaker Go
              philmodjunk

yes, I have selected current record.

Assuming that you are testing this manually without using a script and getting this result, try creating a brand new layout. This can be a bit of work, but keep it simple and don't copy/paste anything from original chart layout. See if manually printing the current record from the new layout produces the same result.

I am producing a report such as the ones FileMaker generates, with a leading subsummary when sorted by week, trailing subsummary when sorted by name, and trailing grand summary.

And that is one of several hundred different types of reports that you might produce from a FileMaker database. Apologies for asking the obvious, but are you sure that you had your records correctly sorted when you generated the PDF? If they were correctly sorted during Preview but not when saving as PDF, this could easily produce the results that you are reporting.

• 4. Re: Printing and PDF Problems on FileMaker Go
                SydneyBlock_1

The report looks like this:

Week of 1/1/14

Jane Doe                         4

Steve Smith                         2

YTD            6

From what I understand, I believe it to be sorted correctly. It's sorted by Week then by Inspector. This returns the correct data during preview, but shows a blank report as a PDF. How can I assure that my report is in a correct sort order so that the PDF is visible as well?