Is there any graphic object in the same layout part, below these fields that is not set to slide up and resize? Even a horizontal line near the bottom of the layout part will prevent the resize.
Ok, it looks like the sliding is fine. The problem is happening because I'm hiding fields. Like I said above, this is a 23 page (in total) document that 95% of the time will really only have around 5-10 pages of information.
It's a survey form. I'm wanting to print only the fields that have information in them and hide the ones that are empty. If I highlight a page and a half section and hide it based on a calculation (from the data tab of the inspector window), I get a 1/5 of a page blank space when printing out. If I hide two sections, I get 2/5 of a page blank space.
Is there any way to get rid of this white space?
The fields that "hide" should also be set to slide up and resize.
You might also consider a design change for your database so that all of these questions and their responses become a list of individual records instead of just one record with many blank fields.
Here's an example: Need aid on generating a report from a survey layout.
Key facts about sliding layout objects:
- It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
- Sliding fields will shrink but not expand.
- All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
- Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
- Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
- Fields will slide up only if Top alignment is specified for it and will slide left only if Left alignment is specified.
- Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.
- In FMP13, hidden objects (”Hide object when”) will slide/resize.