3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2012 1:41 PM by philmodjunk

Printing anomoly since upgrading to FM12

llandre

Title

Printing anomoly since upgrading to FM12

A layout that has many fields with Appearance set to print a 25% black line only at the bottom of the field has started printing the entire outline of the field when we print to a laser printer.  I tried printing to several Laserjet printers which formerly printed correctly. The photo shows the new, incorrect version on the right and the way it should print on the left.  It prints correctly to our inkjet printers.

Is there some new setting or something I need to change?  I need to get this fixed asap as transcript season is upon us.

Screen_Shot_2012-09-19_at_4.04.18_PM.png

• 1. Re: Printing anomoly since upgrading to FM12
          philmodjunk

This sounds like a variation of a known FileMaker 12 bug.

For More Information see:     FM12 Save as pdf Issue

This is one of many acknowledged bugs that can be found in the Known Bug List thread here in the Report an Issue section of the forum.

It can also be downloaded as a database file from:    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jt09b82i0xijbu3/FMP%20Bugs.zip

This report only refers to Saving as PDF but otherwise is a match for what you report.

A work around would be to replace the bottom border setting with a horizontal line drawn on the layout and aligned with the bottom edge of the field.

• 2. Re: Printing anomoly since upgrading to FM12
            llandre

Thanks.  I did take a glance at that bug list but didn't immediately spot the problem listed there.

I can't just draw lines since the fields appear only as needed, ie. a student who has been with us for 4 years would need lines down most of the page while a student who just started last year will only need about six lines.

I will have to tell College advisor they will have to print to an inkjet until the problem is resolved.  They won't be happy since they don't hae an inkjet and will have to use another department's.

• 3. Re: Printing anomoly since upgrading to FM12
              philmodjunk

I can't just draw lines since the fields appear only as needed, ie. a student who has been with us for 4 years would need lines down most of the page while a student who just started last year will only need about six lines.

Please explain the design of this layout in detail. It should be possible to put those lines in as separate layout objects any way. It may, however, take a bit of creative formatting to do.

Keep in mind that we have no idea when or if this will be corrected.

PS. You might also try checking the printer mfg's web site to see if there is a more up to date printer driver that you can download.