4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2009 2:32 PM by IDM

Printing Current Fields

IDM

Title

Printing Current Fields

Hello All,

I am new to FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced and to our forum. I have a question on printing in FileMaker:

• how do I print the current fields I am using in a database I have built? For example I am working in Layout Mode and realize I have entered the wrong field in a column. Rather go through the entire page and update the fields manually is there a way to simply print all fields I am currently using?

Thanks to all!

Nancy

• 1. Re: Printing Current Fields
          TSGal

Nancy IDM:

Thank you for your post.

To print all the fields on a layout without data, go to Browse Mode or Layout Mode, go to Print and select the option "Blank record, showing fields as " and select the option "as formatted", "with boxes", or "with underlines".

If you want to printout of all of the fields, go into "Manage -> Database...", select the Fields tab, select all fields and click "Print".

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Printing Current Fields
            IDM

Thanx TSGal!

The first option "To print all the fields on a layout without data, go to Browse Mode or Layout Mode, go to Print.." exactly what I needed to print the current layout.

The second option "Manage > Database..." does not provide me the option to Select All > Print. I have only 3 tabs and no Menu Bar to choose File > Print.

It is my current version of FileMaker? I have FileMaker Pro 10.0v3 Advanced,

Nancy IDM

• 3. Re: Printing Current Fields
              philmodjunk
                 THere's a Print button in the bottom left corner of the Manage | Database dialog. Use that to print out your fields.
              • 4. Re: Printing Current Fields
                IDM

I just noticed the Print button in the bottom left hand corner :smileyindifferent:. By the time I returned here to cancel my question you already responded!

PhilModJunk thanks for a quick response!

Nancy IDM