3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2014 8:16 AM by philmodjunk

Printing Different Orientations

SydneyBlock_1

Title

Printing Different Orientations

I am trying to create different layouts for printing specific records. I have some forms that need to be printed for specific reasons and one of these needs to be printed in Landscape orientation. Is there a way to write a script that tells FileMaker to ONLY change the layout on this one particular printable?

• 1. Re: Printing Different Orientations
          philmodjunk

A script can use Printer Setup to specify the page orientation. This does not change the layout. It only affects how the layout will be printed, previewed or saved as PDF.

• 2. Re: Printing Different Orientations
            SydneyBlock_1

This is what I'm looking for. So that only one layout will print as a landscape, to essentially be sort of a table view. How do I determine the page margins for a landscape view? Good-ol' fashioned measuring? Lol.

• 3. Re: Printing Different Orientations
              philmodjunk

You can specify fixed margin sizes on the Printing tab in Layout Setup. This should be a required step for setting up nearly any report layout you design as it tends to "standardize" the report for printing from different printers and or saving as PDF. The "printable area" for a standard sized piece of paper will vary from printer to printer and sometime printer driver to printer driver so b specifying page margins of a least half an inch (or the metric equivalent), you tend to set your layout up in a way that fits it within the printable area of nearly any plain paper printer.