1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 14, 2009 6:35 AM by TSGal

Printing Google Maps Programically

5Star

Title

Printing Google Maps Programically

I have a workorder solution with a layout that displays customer data and the details of a job, etc...

Another layout displays a google map in a web viewer. A script generates a printed copy of the workorder for the tech, but I want it to go further.

How can I script the routine to automatically print the map without a user having to click on the "print" link on the webpage itself? I find the users tend to dilly-dally with the web viewer and its features and forget to finish the workorders they were working on.

TS Gal or any other guru have any clues for me?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Printing Google Maps Programically
          TSGal

5 Star:

Thank you for your post.

It sounds like you are almost answering the question yourself!

In your script, you can switch to the layout that has the Google Map in the web viewer, and then follow it with a Print script step and return to the previous layout.

For example, assume your original layout is called "Workorder", and you want to print out a layout with the web viewer entitled "WebViewer".  Your script may look like:

Go to Layout [ "WebViewer" ]

Print [ Restore ; No dialog ]

Go to Layout [ "Workorder" ]

To stop the user from interrupting the print step, you may want to include "Allow User Abort [Off] " before going to the WebViewer layout.

This should get you pointed in the right direction.

Let me know if you need clarification for any of the above steps.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.