1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 11, 2009 8:33 AM by philmodjunk

Printing Images As Labels

JForman26

Title

Printing Images As Labels

Hi All,

I'm trying to print labels with pictures on them. I import the images using "Import Folder" and each image is its own record in a container field called "Pictures." In Browse Mode, I can scroll through each picture fine as I scroll the records. I then go to Layout Mode and create a new layout and format it for labels. When I produce my new layout and see it in Preview Mode, however, none of the pictures show up and there are only the paths for the images present in each label. Any ideas how I can get the images to show so I can print images on my labels?

Thanks in advanced for any help! 

• 1. Re: Printing Images As Labels
          philmodjunk

Are you using Filemaker's Label wizard? I suspect that it is inserting your field as merge text. In layout mode, you'll see it in this format: <<field name>>.

In layout mode, double click the text and delete the above reference to your picture field. Now use the field tool to drag and drop a new field on your label layout. Select your picture field for this new field. Now reposition/resize any other fields on your label layout that are still shown as merge text to get what you want. Check final results by previewing.