3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2013 8:56 AM by philmodjunk

Printing in instant web publisher

TonyReis

Title

Printing in instant web publisher

I've been trying to set up printing while in instant web publisher. I have not been able to get it to work. I've found FILEMAKER SCRIPT STEPS REFERENCE pdf which states the print script through web publisher is not compatible. Is there anything that can be done. Also can I hide the status bar in web publisher.

• 1. Re: Printing in instant web publisher
          philmodjunk

Your options for printing from a web browser client are very limited. You can basically pull up a report on your web page and then use print from the Browser's File menu to print the web page.

Some developers have been able to work around this limitation by setting up a system where a user fills out a "request record" specifying the criteria needed for the report and then a server scheduled script or a looping script in a FileMaker "robot" file checks the table for new "Request records", produces a PDF and emails it back to the person requesting the report.

Needless to say, this requires some fairly extensive knowledge of FileMaker scripting and is easier to pull off for some databases than others.

• 2. Re: Printing in instant web publisher
            TonyReis

I think having filemaker export the current file to pdf would be the best way for my needs.  Is there a way someone could help me write the script or even make the script for me?

• 3. Re: Printing in instant web publisher
              philmodjunk

Well helping people design a FileMaker database is the whole purpose behind this forum. But forums are best used to answer specific questions. So I suggest that you take a shot at setting this up and then post specific questions to the forum to learn more about the parts you don't understand. Also make sure to identify whether you are hosting with FileMaker Pro or FileMaker Server Advanced when you do.