3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2010 12:14 PM by philmodjunk

Printing Invoice wtih Multiple Lines

kwatch

Title

Printing Invoice wtih Multiple Lines

When I want to print or email an invoice with multiple lines of product, why does it seperate them into different pages? Can I not have the invoice print the multiple items on one page.. one right after the other? Is there a setting I need to change?

Thanks!!

• 1. Re: Printing Invoice wtih Multiple Lines
          philmodjunk

That's certainly not what should happen, but we need to know more about your setup before we can suggest a solution.

Are you using the Invoices starter solution that comes with FileMaker? If so, what version of FileMaker?

Is this an invoice system with an Invoices table and a portal to a related line items table?

Is your layout based on the Invoices table or the Line Items table?

If you enter layout mode and double click the "body" part label, do you see any options set for this part that would specify a page break before or after every occurrence?

• 2. Re: Printing Invoice wtih Multiple Lines
            kwatch

-Yes, the invoices starter solution. FileMaker Pro 11.0v2

-I'm not sure what you are asking in the third quesiont. But I want to "print invoice" from the Invoice table.

-Related to Line Items.

-I checked and nothing was selected except for "body".

• 3. Re: Printing Invoice wtih Multiple Lines
              philmodjunk

Have you changed the design of the layout used to print invoices?

If you haven't when you click the print invoice button, this script takes you to a different layout based on the line items record and prints the invoice. Each line item should not print on separate pages.

I have seen a case where this happened after someone edited this layout. In their case, they created a very large header which exceeded the height of their printer's printable area.