2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2011 5:31 AM by Marty1

Printing Invoices

Marty1

Title

Printing Invoices

Hi, I have a question relating to the printing of a found set of invoices.

For example, invoices that are shipped by courier on a specific date, or daily invoices covered by a certain sales person.

I have a found set comprising of 6 different invoices. I would like to print them as a ‘full invoice’ including the line items. The invoice is set up as a page and the line items are a portal to another table.

I have a print layout but can not get the correct arrangement of the header/body/footer summary etc, which enables each invoice to fully print before starting on the next one.

My print out currently has the company name, order number and line item on each page.

I guess I am looking of a ‘nested’ type of print format or something similar.

From the ‘print script’ I get the correct invoice page if I select ‘Match current record only’ but then I do do not get any successive invoices, only a single print

Hope you can help

Regards

Marty

• 1. Re: Printing Invoices
          philmodjunk

I would like to print them as a ‘full invoice’ including the line items.

What exactly do you want to see when your print this out?

A single invoice or a group of invoices, each starting a new page?

The second option is simpler to set up from your existing file, but it's not too difficult to set up the first.

If you do want the first option, please spell out what you need in headers, footers, grand summaries, etc so that we can take a crack at how to get the right data into the right part of your invoice.

• 2. Re: Printing Invoices
            Marty1

Hi, just in evaluating your reply I have tried replacing the header with a grand and sub summary, and things are looking much better. I am wanting simply the company name address etc on the top of the invoice, and then the line items. I had all the details but on each 'invoice line' I also had the company name details. By using a sub summary and no header, you have guided me to a near solution. Thanks for your help. I will be back if I cannot resolve it.

Regards  Marty