2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2013 12:56 PM by philmodjunk

Printing issues

fmpro_novice

Title

Printing issues

I have a layout that contains records that should print 2 records at a time on an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper.

I have a header set to be a 1/2 inch tall; body that is 4.5 inches tall; and a footer that is a 1/2 inch tall. That should make two records print perfectly even on the paper, but it doesn't.

The first records starts printing about  1 1/8" from the top of the page and the second record ends printing about 1 5/8" from the bottom edge of the page.

Does anyone have an idea why the records are not printing according to the way I built the layout? Or, maybe they are printing the way the layout says and I just don't have it set up correctly. Regardless, I need the records to print starting a 1/2" from the top and the second record ending 1/2" from the bottom.

• 1. Re: Printing issues
          davidanders

Your printer has margins that it can not print on. To view the printable area, create a layout with thick lines vertical and horizontal. Print with optional margins set to minimum. Margin settings are not always available in Print Setup, it depends on the Printer driver.

The dotted lines in Layout Mode show the printable area for the last used Print Setup you used.

• 2. Re: Printing issues
            philmodjunk

Margins can be set in Layout Setup...

If you set top and bottom margins of a bit more than half an inch, at the least, you can set up a layout (where you don't add any white space for margins), that will print the same on almost all plain paper printers. (Most plain paper printers can print very close to the top edge and close to half an inch from the bottom edge.)