3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2015 6:43 PM by philmodjunk

Printing Issues Error 600

lee2121

Title

Printing Issues Error 600

Hi

I'm using Filemaker Pro 11 and i have two windows 8 machines using FM but only one of them can print from FM, The other machine either does nothing or we get a error 600 message.

Both machine are printing to the same printer.

Any ideas please?

• 1. Re: Printing Issues Error 600
          philmodjunk

On both computers, are you printing from the same exact layout and the same exact record or found set of records? That test would better rule out possible issues with your database file.

Have you checked to make sure that both machines have the latest version of the same printer driver installed? (They can be printing to the same computer but be using different drivers or different versions of the same driver...)

Are both computers connected to this printer in the same way? (both over the network, both have the same model directly connected to the local machine, both use WiFi...

• 2. Re: Printing Issues Error 600
            lee2121

Thanks for the comments.

We are printing the exact same thing and have tried printing lots of different things from the PC that wont print and it will not print anything. We have checked both machines are using same driver and have tried printing to 3 different printers. The PC that wont print does print to the printers from any other program just not FM.

• 3. Re: Printing Issues Error 600
              philmodjunk

Are both computers connected to this printer in the same way? (both over the network, both have the same model directly connected to the local machine, both use WiFi..)

And if you create a small, simple, brand new from scratch test file in FileMaker, do you get the same result? (I expect that the answer will be that you get the same result, but let's be sure.)

Can you get Save As PDF to work from the problem computer? (this uses a lot of the same code as printing, but does not interact (much) with the printer driver.)

This next test may not be possible, but if you have one to use or borrow for testing purposes, can you print to a different printer?