4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2013 11:42 AM by SueKaplan_1

Printing Labels

SueKaplan_1

Title

Printing Labels

I am trying to print a custom label from an HP laser onto 20 single labels. The layout is set up and seems correct but when I go to print a label, nothing is printing. What am I not doing?

• 1. Re: Printing Labels
          GuyStevens

Have you maybe selected "Blank Record" when printing? You should select "Records being browsed".

And are you sure you have a found set of records that you are browsing?

Did you select the correct printer?

• 2. Re: Printing Labels
            SueKaplan_1

Thank you. Yes to all. When I print on a letter size paper, all is good. But when I put the label into the printer, it comes out blank. Most peculiar.

• 3. Re: Printing Labels
              GuyStevens

Are you saying that you do the exact same print on a piece of paper and it prints fine. And then when you print it on a sheet of labels it doesn't print at all?

If you are going to print using a label printer that prints single labels you need to change your layout or create another layout that is exactly the size of one label.

• 4. Re: Printing Labels
                SueKaplan_1

Hi,

yes, it worked when I printed on an 81/2 x 11 piece of paper but when I put a label in, it didn't print. But, when I switched to my Epson Stylus 1400 it printed fine. So I guess problem solved though I don't know why the HP LaserJet would not print.

Thanks for your help.

Sue