We have 2 letters we send out to new members one is a Welcome Letter the other is our Terms and Conditions Letter, instead of printing twice we are trying to have Welcome Letter on one side and the Terms and Conditions letter on the other side of a A4 sheet.
Dose that help at all
It may be possible to place everything for both letters into a single two page body on the same layout, but there are possible details that could prevent that working for you.
Does your printer support 2 sided printing?
What format do you use for your two letters? A combination of merge fields and layout text?
Both letters have identical margins? Same/different headers?
Is all the information in both letters taken from the same single record?
Thanks for the reply.
1. Yes our printer does support 2 sided printing.
2. Letters are in a single layout text box with no header or footer just body.
3. Both letters are of the same size and have the same margins. No header on either page.
4. Yes all the information in both letters taken from the same single record.
- Go to the layout you want to function as your two sided print out layout and enter layout mode.
- Select Printer Setup in the File menu and specify your printer, page size and page orientation.
- Return to the layout and drag the bottom edge of the body part down until you see two horizontal dashed lines marking the page breaks.
- Drag the bottom edge back up carefully until the 2nd page break line just disappears.
- Switch to the layout that contains the items not on this layout, select all the objects and copy them to the clipboard.
- Return to your layout and paste the objects, repositioning them as needed to be located below the page break line.
- Enter browse mode and test your layout with your printer to make sure this works for you.
Thanks for this i will try it during monday (it is sunday here today) when i am down the base and get back to you.
Thanks very much for the input it works a treat. Thanks again.