3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2009 9:55 AM by TSGal

Printing oversized reports

Musashi

Title

Printing oversized reports

I have a report that is 200 x 400mm and I would like it to shrink to fit A4 sized paper.

I tried to use the printer controls to shrink the page, but it will only print the A4 size and cut the rest of the data.

I also tried to save it to a PDF file, but it only saves to the A4 size and also cuts the rest of the data.

Filemaker does not seem to allow different prints sizes for different layouts.

Is the solution to copy the layout and shrink it all down so it fits on the A4 size and then create a script to print that layout?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Printing oversized reports
          TSGal

Musashi:

Thank you for your post.

When you go to Print Setup (Windows) or Page Setup (Macintosh), you have the ability to scale the sizing.  The default is 100%, so it fyou scale it to 50%, it will print half the size.  Since A4 paper is around 290 mm in length, you may want to try 72% or 73% and see if this works for you.  Go to Preview Mode to see the results before printing.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Printing oversized reports
            Musashi

I am using FM V10 with win XP and when I click to print I do not see any option to reduce the print size.

I only have a choice of the paper size.

I have tried to use the printer options to reduce the size, but FM sends the page as A4 size and cuts the data that runs off the page.

The fonts also do not seem to print in the correct size, I have some fonts set to 6 point and others set to 11 or 10 and they basical all look the same. We have about 10 printers in this office and all seem to print about the same when I send the document to the printer.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Printing oversized reports
              TSGal

Musashi:

I am able to see print scaling on my HP printer driver using FileMaker Pro 10 with Windows XP.

1. Pull down the File menu and select "Print Setup".

2. Next to the Name of my printer, I have a "Properties..." button.  Click this button.

3. Several tabs appear for the properties.  Select the "Effects" tab.

4. For resizing options, click "% of actual size" and enter 72.

5. Click OK to exit Effects, and OK to exit Print Setup.

Now, go to Preview Mode and see if the information will print correctly.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.