3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2014 11:19 AM by philmodjunk

Printing portal documents

EP

Title

Printing portal documents

I am using FMPA13.  I have a layout in which I display a portal that lists container fields.  Each related record displays the container field, container field name and a print flag (checkbox).  Is there a script I can write to print all flagged RR's?  I don't want the user to have to open every file and click print.  Thanks

• 1. Re: Printing portal documents
          philmodjunk

There is no such capability native to Filemaker Pro.

• 2. Re: Printing portal documents
            EP

Wow.  So how do most people set up printing of documents from a portal?  Just open each file and click print?  Any workarounds?

• 3. Re: Printing portal documents
              philmodjunk

You never know but that a plug in has something to offer. You'd need to do a web search for FileMaker plug ins to see.

It might be possible to use a command line or system script to print the document with FileMaker passing the needed filepath to the command line or system script. I don't know if that can be done, it would be OS specific (either mac or windows) and would depend on the default application set up to open the files of the types stored in your containers (word?, PDF? JPG? or ???) as to whether they could be controlled to print the documents via this method or not.