AnsweredAssumed Answered

Printing records that have PDF's

Question asked by EduardoVillalobos on May 25, 2012
Latest reply on May 25, 2012 by EduardoVillalobos

Title

Printing records that have PDF's

Can anybody help me?

My issue is this:

I'm making a printing layout for my database, in my fields I have 8 container files for PDFs, but not all the records contain the 8 PDFs, some have 2, some 3, some 6, some 8, and so on, depending on the record.

So on my printing Layout the idea is that the firts page of each record is a little report with the merge fields of the text fields, and the next pages must be the PDFs on that record, whether its 2 or 5 or 8, and then the next record and its PDFs and so on...

So on the layout I did the first page with the merge fields, and everything fine, I open the body of the layout to place the container fields, each one on a complete page until the page break, so my body part is 9 pages long,  and is good, the thing is that as not all the records contain PDFs on all the 8 container fields, on preview mode I get a bunch of blank pages on the records that have nothing on some of those containers.

All PDFs are one page long so the issue is not about the pages in the PDFs.

I've tried the sliding and resize options with no luck, I' not sure what I'm doing wrong, how can I go around this issue??

Please help me!!

Thanks.

V.

Outcomes