3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2012 11:28 AM by philmodjunk

Printing reports

RobinNeeves_2

Title

Printing reports

Can you help me please,

I have created a report that has several products, when I do a print preview it shows all items but when I print it only prints the first product.

• 1. Re: Printing reports
          philmodjunk

When you print, do you select "Current Record" or "Records being browsed"?

If each "product" is a separate record, you should select "records being browsed".

• 2. Re: Printing reports
            RobinNeeves_2

Thanks that work OK.

Can you help me with the following please,

I have created the following Tables.

Customers

Customers Sites

Site Products

Product Types

My Company

I have created relationship between Customers (Primary) & Customers Sites (Foreign).

Customers Sites (Primary) & Site Products (Foreign).

Products (Primary) Site Products (Foreign)

When I create a customer I can them create site for that customer I can then create reports for each site. I need to know how to make a relationship with My Company so I can create reports without having to enter My Company details on each report.

• 3. Re: Printing reports
              philmodjunk

Customers---<Customer Sites----<Site Products>----Products(types?)

Is My Company a table that stores information about your business or the customer's? If your company, this info is the same for all customers, correct?

If this the case, then you can either define a relationship between the table on which your report layout is based like this:

MyCompany::anyfield X ReportTable::anyfield (this can be any of the other tables, depending on the type of report you are creating.) THen you can add the fields from MyCompany to your report layout and they will always display the same data from the first record of MyCompany. To change from = to X, double click the relationship line between the two table occurrences in Manage |Database | relationships to bring up a dialog where you can select the X operator.

Or, you can load all the data from My Company into fields with global storage. On a networked, shared database, this can be done with a script that performs when the file is opened to copy the data from MyCompany into global fields. On single user databases, you don't need this script, you can just define all the fields in My Company as Global. Fields with global storage can then be placed on any layout in your file and they will display the same data.