1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 22, 2015 2:16 PM by philmodjunk

Printing scrollable notes field across pages?

UnrealIsm

Title

Printing scrollable notes field across pages?

I have a form with a text box that we can enter notes into. I am generating a report that is printable, but would like to include the notes section. The trouble I am running into is that it will not preview or print anything past the scrollable point in the text box.. I am sure there is a way to do this, but I am missing something or not understanding what terms to define it as...

• 1. Re: Printing scrollable notes field across pages?
          philmodjunk

Create a new layout. Put your text field on this layout without the scroll bar (don't need it for this layout).

Make the text field very, very tall--taller than you think that you will need.

Set this field to "slide up" and to "resize enclosing part".

Key facts about sliding layout objects:

1. It's only visible in preview mode and when you print/save as PDF...
          3. Sliding fields will shrink but not expand.
          5. All layout objects below and in the same layout part as the slide/resize field need to also be set to slide up and resize.
          7. Objects in headers and footers will not slide.
          9. Portals will shrink/slide to fit the number of rows of records, but fields within the portal row will not shrink/slide.
          11. Fields will slide up only if Top alignment is specified for it and will slide left only if Left alignment is specified.
          13. Consistent side borders are difficult to achieve with sliding fields.
          15. In FMP13, hidden objects (”Hide object when”) will slide/resize.