4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2009 10:38 AM by philmodjunk

printing tabs

maggie799

Title

printing tabs

Can someone tell me how to print the multiple tabs within one record?

• 1. Re: printing tabs
          philmodjunk

Can you post an example of what you want your report to look like? You don't have to reproduce it exactly, just outline how you would like to see this displayed.

You have two basic options as far as I know:

1. Create a custom "print layout" that displays all the fields/layout objects hidden beneath the non-active tabs. Printing from this layout thus prints all your data
          2. Create a script that selects the desired tab before printing the current layout. Printing this way allows your script to select the tab you want to see printed in your report.
          • 2. Re: printing tabs
            TSGal

maggie799:

I have sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - X Messages).

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 3. Re: printing tabs
              maggie799
                 I have 8 tabs that represent each semester in High School.  Each tab has fields  showing the 7 classes taken each semester, the grade for each class, and a current GPA and a Cumulative GPA. I would like all 8 tabs to print the information submitted for each semester instead of it just priniting the tab the student is working on.
              • 4. Re: printing tabs
                philmodjunk

If you want all the data in all the tabs to print in one report, you'll need to create a separate layout for this that references the same fields, but outside of any such tab control. A button on your original layout can perform a script to switch you to this layout, print it and then switch back to the original layout.