1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 15, 2014 7:30 AM by philmodjunk

Printing to one page and PDFs to one page

KatrinaRolfe

Title

Printing to one page and PDFs to one page

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to FileMaker Pro and am currently testing it for our company. I have setup a fairly simple layout which I want to print a hard copy of and also send a PDF of.

When I print it, it prints as tiles, so printing one record requires several pages.

When I save it as a PDF, this is how it looks (see below).

There seems to be a lot of empty space at the bottom and the right side.

Is there something I need to do in the layout setup that will enable me to print each record on a single A4 page (filling the page) and export the PDF so that it also fills the page.

Any help would be appreciated, I've managed to nut out most things myself so far, but this has me really stumped.

Screen_Shot_2014-01-15_at_3.34.07_PM.png

• 1. Re: Printing to one page and PDFs to one page
          philmodjunk

If you are using a Mac system, there's a percent scaling box you can select in one of the print dialogs to scale the output from the layout and you can use this figure to fit your layout to the page.

In Windows systems:

Enter layout mode

Select your printer, page size (A4) and page orientation (Portrait or Landscape) from Print setup.

This places a pair of heavy dashed lines on your layout showing the limits of your printable area for the settings specified.

Move, resize the objects on your layout to "fit" to the left of the vertical dashed line. If you want your out put for a single record to fit on a single page, also resize your layout parts and move objects up until all are above any horizontal dashed line. Switch to Preview mode to check the results.