1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 9, 2014 9:33 AM by philmodjunk

Printing with blank records option doesn't work

KateBroughton

Title

Printing with blank records option doesn't work

I am trying to print a layout which I created so that it could be used as a form for hand-entered data. I am using FMP version 10.0v3, with a Macbook Air and the Mavericks operating system 10.9.2.

When I go to the print option and select "Print blank record, showing fields with underlines", the end result is not blank. The same thing happens if I select "Print blank record, showing fields with boxes." Instead, the fake records which I created for position only show up.

I have tested this by printing a hard copy as well as saving as a PDF and the results are the same: no blanks. Would love to know what's wrong because I need to hand out forms to field workers who need the hard copies.

Thanks! 

• 1. Re: Printing with blank records option doesn't work
          philmodjunk

Don't know what that's not working, but if you used new record to create a blank record and printed that, you should be able to get what you need without using the options that currently are not working for you.

You could also use Duplicate Layout to make a copy of this layout and remove the fields from this copy--replacing them with horizontal lines or Rectangle graphic objects.