1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 11, 2011 10:55 AM by philmodjunk

Privilege Sets and Importing

rmen

Title

Privilege Sets and Importing

This has been (inconclusively) discuused before

http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/8500de8dc7?opentoken=QXBpS2V5PWtBRTladDBMWXB6bms3WFMmcF9jaWQ9MTA2NTY4NCZwX2VtYWlsLmFkZHI9cmFtZXNtJTQwaG90bWFpbC5jb20mcF9uYW1lLmZpcnN0PVJhbWVzaCZwX25hbWUubGFzdD1NZW5vbiZTaWduYXR1cmVWZXJzaW9uPTImU2lnbmF0dXJlPURtOEtQUm1KdjJtZmNvMThmVTBraVpybGpwRSUzRCZwX3Nlc3Npb25pZD1kUU9VYjlyayZwX3RpbWVzdGFtcD0xMzAyNDY1Mjc1

My user who has quite generous privileges, including all but alterations to scripts, cannot import records from a previous version of my databse (although as admin, I can).  My question - what box should I tick to allow selected users to import records?

Ram

• 1. Re: Privilege Sets and Importing
          philmodjunk

Seems like the suggested work around from the thread might work for you. Does it?

Another Option: Create a script to do the import that has "run with full access privileges" enabled. Then include some If steps at the beginning that do whatever checks are needed to verify that this user should be allowed to import and then proceed only if they are permitted by the script to do so.