AnsweredAssumed Answered

Privilege Sets, Relationships, and Script Full Access Privileges

Question asked by johnhorner on Oct 27, 2012
Latest reply on Oct 31, 2012 by johnhorner

Title

Privilege Sets, Relationships, and Script Full Access Privileges

I am having a problem... i have a privilege set which is defined to restrict certain users from seeing certain invoices.  that seems to be working as i would expect... i think?  the invoices are not actually invisible to the user (for example, they are included in the record count in the status bar), but if they navigate to one of them, all of the fields in the layout display "no access".  not a problem.  i have a script for creating new records which is set to run with full access privileges.  this script relies on relationships between the invoice table and other tables to function properly.  the problem arises when the new invoice script is launched.  if the user launches the new invoice script while sitting on an invoice record to which they don't have access, then none of the relationships seem to be valid which are relied upon by the script to function properly even though it is set to run with full access privileges.  is this expected behavior?  the workaround i have implemented is simply to perform a find to records that the user has permission to view before initiating the rest of the script but this seems a little odd... any thoughts?  Thanks!

Outcomes