2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2010 12:31 PM by Ray

Problem about layout design~

Ray

Title

Problem about layout design~

Dear all

I have design two Tables, one is "Basic Information" and the other is "Search Criteria".

How can I hold the fields information from "Search Criteria" and then show the field on the result layout which is build in "Basic Information"?

I have set up the field which is displayed data from Search Criteria :: Hip Length on the "Basic Information" layout,

it does not work but show nothing??? How can I solve this problem?

P.S.. I want to do this because I want let user type the searching criteria on the "Search Criteria", and use this information to "find" data in "Basic Information".

Later in the result layout, which can show up the searching result and searching criteria information at the same time~

Thanks a lot

• 1. Re: Problem about layout design~
          philmodjunk

We need to know more about how you've designed your database layouts and tables.

"I have set up the field which is displayed data from Search Criteria :: Hip Length on the "Basic Information" layout,

it does not work but show nothing??? How can I solve this problem?"

If it shows nothing then your relationship is not matching the current record in Basic Information to the record you expect in Search Criteria.

It's possible you simply need to define global fields to store your search criteria, but would need to know more about your database to be sure.

• 2. Re: Problem about layout design~
            Ray

Dear Phil Caulkins

You are awasome! The problem solved if I defined the field as global and then stored ~

thanks a lot

Ray